March 3, 2014

35 Weeks & Nesting

Now that the shower is over, I'm on to the next planning adventure or what some may call nesting; crafting for the newborn photos. What is Baby S going to wear? I'm not a huge fan of the usual flower headbands but I still may need something on her head. I pulled out my sewing machine I haven't used in years and made my first headband! Yes, that's the one in the photo. It was pretty simple so I plan to make more for myself and mini. 


The fabric I used was one of Nate's J.Crew shirts that was stained (someone left a pink sticky in their pocket and it bled in the washer) so this shirt was dunzo. I've read tutorials about making them with jersey fabric so it naturally stretches but i had a woven shirt to work with so I used elastic at the base to allow the stretch.

Due date: April 8, 2014
How far along? 35 Weeks; two more weeks and we're in the safe zone for the birthing center! 
What fruit are you? Honeydew Melon...which I've always thought tasted like the smell of hand sanitizer. 
Total weight gain/lossI'm guessing I'm close to 40 now. I'm one of those weight gainers I thought I'd never be :) Since I still haven't changed the battery in the scale I'll find out at my Midwife appt. this evening...
Maternity clothes? The only clothes I can wear. I ordered more tanks and Ts that I'll be able to wear afterwards too and one more pair of Jcrew jeans because i'll definitely wear these after too.
Stretch marks? Not yet...
Sleep: Not so much... tossing and turning.
Miss Anything? Sleep and energy
Exercise: Bike rides, dog walks and yoga.
This is our ritual when we walk the dogs by the river; the dogs now look forward to jumping over the chain. Carli was soo scared the first time we taught her jump!

Movement: All the time like she doesn't fit in my belly any more, because she doesn't. Her movements are actually uncomfortable in some spots. 
Food cravings: Girl Scout cookies, watermelon and chipotle
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions and round ligament pains
Belly Button in or out? it's almost out
Happy or Moody: Exhausted and Tired...I'm taking my iron supplements in the mornings now to help my fatigue but I'm crashing at night.
Looking forward to: I would be looking forward to Tampa Bay Beer Week going on right now... but instead we scheduled things like a newborn CPR class :)
Best moments last week: My work teams threw a surprise baby shower and I was able to have a quieter weekend organizing the nursery and house a little bit to prepare for Baby S.

No comments:

Post a Comment