March 25, 2014

38 Weeks = Home Stretch!


I'm in the home stretch! If you've been following along you've read that I have two due dates  since I started going to an OB and then switched to midwives. They each are one week apart, April 8 and 15th. I've been sticking with the April 8th date just because that was based off conception and I'd rather prepare for an earlier date. Either way, as long as I made it to 37 weeks I'm safe at the birth center, so to them I'm 37 weeks today. Yay! 

Due date: April 8 or 15, 2014
How far along? 38 Weeks
What food are you? Leek
Total weight gain/loss45 lbs... Baby S, I need you to come out soon so I can stop gaining weight.
Maternity clothes? The only clothes I can wear; my staples are tanks and Ts from Gap Maternity, J.Crew maternity jeans and my regular maxi dresses. 
Stretch marks? Not yet...
Sleep: My body is officially too heavy. I'm snoring! I've never in my life snored and I've woken myself up two different nights now, multiple times.
Miss Anything? Talking without a lisp... these chubby cheeks need to go. My normal laugh, I have the weirdest big belly laugh that sounds awkward when something is really funny. 
Exercise: Bike rides, dog walks and yoga.
Movement: Rib kicking and uncomfortable belly stretching. 
Food cravings: Still watermelon and breaded sweets: muffins and donuts
Anything making you queasy or sick: My mild cramping makes me nauseous sometimes
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions and cramping. The round ligament pains have stopped, I must be stretched enough... for now.
Belly Button in or out? I think it's technically out now. 
Happy or Moody: Exhausted, anxious, excited and nervous. 
Looking forward to: Another music festival with Surfer Blood this weekend - this band just won't stop coming to Tampa!
Best moments last week: Miami and receiving the news that my blood levels are safe to stay at the birthing center! I'm still seeing a Hemotologist because some levels are oddly (slightly) low but they're still safe by Florida law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment