November 28, 2013

Thankful for Pregnant Girlfriends

Thanksgiving is for being thankful. This year I'm thankful for having a bestie that's also pregnant so we can share what the hell is going on with our bodies :)


My friend Megan is two weeks and 2 days behind me, I'm at 21 weeks and she's at 19 and this was in no way planned. As in, neither of us planned on being pregnant right now, at all. My brief 'how we found out' story is here (it may help make sense for the rest of the story) and Megan is the one who told me to take that first pregnancy test. We pretty much talk everyday during the week on Google Talk at work (when we're obviously not busy...) so we're aware of the most up-to-date facts on our lives and clearly, questionable periods.


Once I told Megan my first test came back positive (and I still wasn't 100% convinced because i had a very light period and thought it might be a false positive) she was very excited and quizative on the details and how I was feeling. She and Nate were the only people that knew and I'm happy she was there because I'm a google-er and read every situation that could possibly happen so when Nate would take Google away from me I would freak out to her about what I read. Part of my freaking out and just being a worrywart was because we had a miscarriage two years ago (weirdly, we got pregnant both times in July) so Megan helped smooth out my worries and google my questions since she was concerned and wanted everything to turn out okay this time around.


The next week Nate and I were on our trip and Megan was still checking in with me and asking very concerning questions on how I was feeling and what weird things my body was doing. Half way through our trip I received a text from Megan's boyfriend asking what my plans were on a certain Saturday because he had a surprise planned. Nate and I were relaxing in a coffee shop reading on our smart devices (yay... decaf on vaca) and I looked at Nate and said, OMG TRAVIS IS PROPOSING!


Fast forward another week after our trip Nate and I are lying on the couch watching a movie and I get a text from Megan that said, "Well it looks like you won't be going through this alone!" with a photo of a positive pregnancy test. I looked at Nate.... and said, HOLY SHIT. Nate and I just stared at each other, giggled and we couldn't think of anything else to say because she had no idea what other surprise lied ahead.

Remember all those detailed questions she asked about how I was feeling and what my body was doing? This all makes sense now :) Megan kept telling herself during these weeks that there's no way she's pregnant because I was but her body was definitely telling her, yes way! There's so much to this story and the next couple weeks leading up to her engagement but this post would be a novel after I tell you how many times I had to tell Megan not to tell her parents, friends and the world (at 6 weeks pregnant) since I and very few others knew she was getting engaged. Sorry, Mary :)

BABY BUMPS IN COMPARATIVE WEEKS










No comments:

Post a Comment