December 1, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Bucket List & Thanksgiving Holiday Festivities

Now that Thanksgiving has passed the Holidays are sadly half-way over but I accomplished the majority of my house decorating checklist over the weekend so I can enjoy the rest of the holiday season (mostly) stress free. This included the creation of my 25 Days of Christmas Bucket List. This is the first year I've generated this list and as a checklist enthusiast I'm so happy I feel organized about all the things I didn't want to forget to do this month!

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS BUCKET LIST
25. Buy a Christmas tree from our annual tree farm and hang decorations the first weekend of December
24. Cut fresh trimmings from the tree and place in vases, trim a slice from the trunk to make a yearly ornament and do this trick.
23. Send Christmas cards the first week of December & find a new way to display the ones we receive like this
22. Hang and keep up with the advent calendar
21. Actually do holiday crafts I’ve pinned like these tags, previous year holiday card saver (yes I keep them for some reason…), snow globes and these holiday lanterns.
20. Make a Christmas wreath for the front door and add these glittered bulbs
19. Buy a gift for an “Angel Tree”
18. Have a date night, drink mock/cocktails & watch Love Actually
17. Per usual, I will open my Granny’s homemade dessert package before Christmas day to indulge
16. Relax and sit so little mini can listen to Christmas music on the record player
15. RSVP “YES” to as many holiday party invites we receive before we have to worry about babysitters!
14. Play the Christmas Vacation drinking game (milk shots for me)
13. Make Christmas treats for the local Firefighters
12. See a classic holiday movie at the historic Tampa Theatre
11. Make treats for neighbors, co-workers & friends.
10. As an annual tradition, go see The Nutcracker ballet with my mom
9. Have a white elephant gift exchange and holiday potluck with friends
8. Watch The Christmas Story and leave the TV 24 hr run in the background during our marathon of opening presents
7. Find a 2013 Christmas ornament and a ‘coming soon’ ornament for little mini
6. Host a get together after the holidays with friends and family that are in town and roast s’mores by the fire
5. Go annual Christmas shopping with my mom to enjoy the hustle & bustle!
4. Start at least one tradition with Nate like these.
3. Host Christmas Eve dinner with the family that’s in town
2. Go on our annual Christmas Eve walk around the neighborhood with the dogs to look at lights
1. Have a relaxing, slow moving and memorable Christmas holiday with my family

Thanksgiving was quiet and relaxing for Nate and I this year, we went to my parents house with the dogs and hung out with my mom all day. My dad came back from Kuwait (presenting a paper) around 6 so we waited to eat at the regular dinner time, then he went to bed and it was the 3 (4) of us again :) Our day was filled with watching the parade, playing with the dogs outside and playing our usual game of scrabble. 

Carli was busy chasing/catching lizards

Templeton went for a swim & Carli feels like she needs to save him...

We didn't go Black Friday shopping but we did do Small Business Saturday. Our neighborhood, Seminole Heights, had a shop small 'bingo' shopping event and you had to visit at least six shops to submit your bingo card to be entered into the raffle. We haven't received a phone call so I assume neither of us won...
Our Saturday local shopping included CleanseHealth MuttBuddy BrewMicrogrooveVelo Champ and Yesterdaze. I'll share some of our goodies on my 22 Weeks post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment