December 7, 2013

Christmas Bucket List Update with Easy DIY Crafts!

If Santa's checking his world-wide list twice I should be able to pull off 25 from my list.. I think I'm off to a good start!

*Green means accomplished! 
25. Buy a Christmas tree from our annual tree farm and hang decorations the first weekend of December

24. Cut fresh trimmings from the tree and place in vases, trim a slice from the trunk to make a yearly ornament and do this trick. (after a long day and getting the tree home at 9pm we did not do this trick...so I don't know if it really works?)
23. Send Christmas cards the first week of December & find a new way to display the ones we receive like this
22. Hang and keep up with the days on the advent calendar

21. Actually do holiday crafts I’ve pinned like these tagsprevious year holiday card saver (yes I keep them for some reason…), snow globes  and these holiday lanterns
(still collecting jars for the globes and lanterns). To make the glittered clothes pins and bulbs just cover with mod podge and add glitter!
Holiday Lanterns

20. Make a Christmas wreath for the front door and add these glittered bulbs. 
(I used glittered pine cones but I still made the glittered bulbs)
19. Buy a gift for an “Angel Tree”
18. Have a date night, drink mock/cocktails & watch Love Actually
17. Per usual, I will open my Granny’s homemade dessert package before Christmas day to indulge
16. Relax and sit so little mini can listen to Christmas music on the record player
15. RSVP “YES” to as many holiday party invites we receive before we have to worry about babysitters! (The RSVPs are in so now we just hope we have the energy to attend)
14. Play the Christmas Vacation drinking game (milk shots for me)
13. Make Christmas treats for the local Firefighters
12. See a classic holiday movie at the historic Tampa Theatre
11. Make treats for neighbors, co-workers & friends.
10. As an annual tradition, go see The Nutcracker ballet with my mom (On Sunday!)
9. Have a white elephant gift exchange and holiday potluck with friends
8. Watch The Christmas Story and leave the TV 24 hr run in the background during our marathon of opening presents
7. Find a 2013 Christmas ornament and a ‘coming soon’ ornament for little mini
6. Host a get together after the holidays with friends and family that are in town and roast s’mores by the fire
5. Go annual Christmas shopping with my mom to enjoy the hustle & bustle!
4. Start at least one tradition with Nate like these.
3. Host Christmas Eve dinner with the family that’s in town
2. Go on our annual Christmas Eve walk around the neighborhood with the dogs to look at lights
1. Have a relaxing, slow moving and memorable Christmas holiday with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment