October 8, 2013

SURPRISE! Watch Out World...


This is my, "How did you find out?" story. On August 12, 2013 Nate and I were gearing up for his birthday road trip to the West Coast; a week of cooler weather, breweries, hiking, wineries and more drinking. Except I'm one of those girls that didn't realize I was knocked up until almost six weeks along. Oh, and I hadn't been to wine country in seven years!! I told Nate, the mature one, to come home with a few pregnancy tests and his response was "Why don't we just wait until after the trip?"

After 48 hours of cursing and freaking out, Nate was immediately excited to have a Nate Jr. Me on the other hand continued to freak out for two weeks until I had a sonogram of proof even though our vacation consisted of nausea, unexplainable crying, cramping and no interest in coffee. Oh, and TWO more positive pregnancy tests. Nate was still excited and continued to drink his way down the coast not understanding the effects of my rushing "hormones" and my disinterest in the four hour long detour through the road winding Redwoods!  

8 Weeks
8 Weeks

12 Weeks
12 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment