November 4, 2013

18 Weeks


As soon as we got pregnant Nate made it known that he didn't want me giving birth in a hospital. Any one that knows Nate understands that most words coming out of his mouth aren't true and he's just trying to rile me up. So I initially told him he was crazy and it's my vagina. After some seriousness came through during the non-hospital conversations, doing my research and five minutes into watching the documentary The Business of Being Born I was completely won over by the natural birthing methods, specifically water birth.

With me being a worrier and imagining crazy gone-wrong scenarios there was still a lot of back and forth between our decision but Nate ultimately let my vagina have the final say and at the end of the day I still don't feel comfortable being in a hospital, lying in a bed under a surgeons delivery methods. I know, that sentence probably sounds crazy and when I'm in labor I may call myself a nut but the freeing hippie influence my mother instilled on me growing up is kicking in now and I'm embracing it over my worrywart attitude from my father.

On Friday we have our first consult at a local birthing center that was referred to us through multiple friends who have either given birth there or are current patients and we're so stoked! I think it's a good sign that I'm way more excited than nervous, right!? :)

Due date: April 8, 2014
How far along? 18 Weeks
What fruit are you? Bell Pepper! ... bell peppers sound good right now...
Total weight gain/loss: around 3 lbs? My weight always fluctuates a few pounds so its hard to tell right now!
Maternity clothes? I graduated to the Tummy Tube this weekend and I'm hoping this will last for the next few months until i absolutely have to buy real maternity pants! I'm also still loving Gap's LeggingsTank and I just recently bought their t-shirts since I'm a total jeans and t-shirt girl.
Stretch marks? No but I'm trying Mustela cream even if there's nothing I can do about stretch marks!
Sleep: I love sleeping but my sciatica keeps me tossing and turning all night. 
Best moment this week: Dressing up at work for our Halloween contest at work and our division won! Our theme was an 80's prom gone wrong and I was the pregnant teen queen :)
Miss Anything? Having a glass of wine after a long day of work! 
Exercise: Pure Barre and why is prenatal yoga mostly scheduled for stay at home moms??
Movement: Not that I can tell...
Food cravings: No huge cravings but when I see something  that looks good, i want it! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not eating right away in the morning
Gender: Friday, Nov. 22 at the 20 week appt. OR at the new birthing center soon :)
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and calm! And in love with my thicker hair!
Looking forward to: A girls shopping night out with my Junior League ladies for the Holiday Gift Market Kick-off party Thursday evening!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment