January 3, 2014

Relax.

My word for 2014 is to Relax. 

When Nate and I first starting dating he always thought I had something up my sleeve or was just really good at lying. I'm always five steps ahead planning for something, even when something is impossible to even plan. Nate's usually very annoyed about how much I plan my (our) life because he's very laissez-faire, about everything. As in, he loves to be late, I'm pretty sure he plans to be late just because he likes it so much and he gets a kick out of watching me freak out about how late we're running. Or when something of his is lost in the house he immediately asks if I've seen it, like I planned for him to lose it because I miraculously always find it within two milliseconds. At this point he doesn't even start to look for it, he walks into the room where he thinks he left it and yells, "Linds, where are my _keys_? I can't find them."

January is already starting to be a busy month for planning; maternity and boudoir photo shoots, planning the baby shower that's in February (Exactly. We're planning our own shower. Other than the fact we're very non-traditional, we don't like the idea of burdening someone else to plan a party for us, plus we already had a theme planned...) and planning for a baby! So. Much. Planning. Although planning excites me, in 2014 I'm trying to relax and simplify my ways. I know I can't plan how I look as my belly grows, foresee our birth plan and especially plan to be the most on-top-of-it new mom. All I can do is prepare and relax when situations arise I didn't plan for, that's why I have Nate, he's the first person to tell me to relax and make me laugh and breath it out. 

In April we'll be a family of five...okay three, I won't include the dogs :) It will be the biggest change in our lives so to cherish every memory, live in the moment and be more laissez-faire I know I need to RELAX a little.

What's your word for 2014? 
Visit these host sites to see what other bloggers have chosen as their 'word' for the year. 
I follow 'Little Baby Garvin' and saw this idea on her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment