January 21, 2014

29 Weeks Down!

This morning was my last 4 week appt. so now I'll be going every two weeks. I had my gestational diabetes test this morning along with my 29 week appt. at my birthing center; they don't do the gross orange sugar drink for the test, they have you eat breakfast and then draw blood exactly 2 hours later! You have to eat whole wheat pancakes or toast, a protein with moderate amount of butter and syrup (for pancakes) with an 8-10oz of juice. So, Nate made me an egg sandwich with OJ :) It was actually strange sitting down to eat breakfast before work, who normally has time for that?? At the appt. I was also able to feel her head, which is already down, yay! Hopefully she thinks that's comfortable and stays down. If not, the chiro. is on my emergency list! We also went over the Vitamin K shot and eye drops that can be given at birth, which are standard at hospitals. If we were having a boy it sounds like you need to do the Vitamin K (because of the circumcision surgery) but it doesn't sound necessary unless mini has a traumatic birth (literally...not just a traumatic experience for your vagina). Adding it to the research list! Eye drops... this sounds like a definite no unless I contract gonorrhea at some point in my busy schedule to be mischievous but mini and I are tested up until birth, whew!

The nursery was finally painted this weekend thanks to Walt and Fran (Grandpa and Grandma) as you can see in this weeks photo. We're replacing the pull down window shade to white blinds so i can still let moon/sunlight come in without the neighbors getting a front row seat. Nate had to work all weekend so we still have some touch ups and trim to finish next weekend but the big project is done! Next weekend we also have two photo shoots; maternity boudoir on Saturday and regular maternity with Nate on Sunday. 

Due date: April 8 or 15, 2014 (I'm measuring 28 cm.)
How far along? 29 Weeks (Even though I'm measuring a week behind, I'm staying with my week count from conception but I'm totally prepared to go into labor later than planned)
What fruit veggie are you? Acorn Squash
Total weight gain/loss: 28lbs
Maternity clothes? Only maternity clothes, Nate's t-shirts and on nice days I can wear my regular maxi dresses.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Better, the sinus infection is going away!
Miss Anything? Beer.
Exercise: Hopefully yoga Thursday! No one is going to believe me any more but I should have my bike this week. I don't even know if I believe myself on that one...
Movement: So much it feels like she's trying to rip herself out and my tummy looks lopsided with hills when she's really moving around. 
Food cravings: Fruit and hummus. Chocolate. Forever.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Gal  
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Still an inny.
Happy or Moody: Just tired and this insomnia isn't helping 
Looking forward to: Tonight is our third birthing class about massages during labor, the Chiro on Wednesday, Yoga Thursday, Maternity Boudoir photos Saturday and Maternity photos with Nate on Sunday!
Best moments last week: The 3 day weekend and sleeping in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment